Day 27-28, sept 6-7th, Fri-Sat Motor problems yet

Our hopes for being able to get underway again yesterday morning were dashed when we started out, and after 100 yards, realized the motor problems were not solved at all.   It still would not run at any kind of operating speed.   We returned to the dock at Metropolis, Il.  and called McCabe Marine where we had the work done the previous day.   However, they could not come back down and help us.  We got several excuses,  their pickup was acting up and could not pull the boat,  their employees were not there, on vacation, etc.   So after a hefty repair bill, we are  back where we started a week ago. McCabe Marine apparently did not really run the engine at higher speeds or under load in any kind of test tank after doing the work and it was never fixed at all.
We have found someone with a pontoon boat trailer who we thing might be able to pull the boat and take it to Paducah, KY to a dealer that may be able to work on iton Monday.   so until then I guess we just sit and wait it out. 

2 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. Patricia
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 19:59:21

    I would suggest looking into stopping the payment to McCabe Marine. If they didn’t do the work they shouldn’t get the money! They certainly charged enough for doing nothing!

    Reply

  2. Carolyn & Matthew McGough
    Sep 08, 2013 @ 01:51:28

    Bummer — we’ve got our fingers crossed for you guys. Sad about the non-repairs.
    Carolyn & Matthew

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: